Episode 23 – DJ Mint Pillow
For episode Number 23 I have the distinct pleasure of introducing a DJ who is sure to take this planet of ours into his grasp and squeeze until he gets what is needed, every last drop. With this, I present to you the honorable and esteemed DJ Mint Pillow.
DJ Mint Pillow is from parts unknown, and if you ever come across his path you’ll most likely to find him:
A) Digging in a record store looking through obscure dub.
B) Drinking a Dos Equis in the late afternoon pondering the nights activities while doing a sodoku puzzle.
C) Reading John Updike.
D) Saying “ace” as a distinct sign of approval or appreciation.
E) Obsessively organizing his iTunes library while often going to Wikipedia to look up things such as “Post-rock”, “Dream Pop”, and “Bourbon Growl”.
F) Having full conversations with his cat about morals and virtues.
G) Watching”The Big Lebowski”
As you can see DJ Mint Pillow is a beast unto himself, and a strong force to be reckoned with. Mint Pillow is most known for spinning an eclectic mix of Electronic, House, Dance, Italo Disco, and Indie Hip Hop.
1. Thievery Corporation – Re-Return of the Original Artform (The Outernational Sound – 2004)
2. The Chemical Brothers – Saturate (We Are the Night – 2007)
3. Crystal Castles – Crimewave (Crystal Castles – 2008)
4. Simian Mobile Disco – Hustler (Attack Decay Sustain Release – 2007)
5. DiskJokke – Staying In (Staying In – 2007)
6. Black Devil Disco Club – The Devil In Us (28 After – 2006)
7. Daft Punk – Dafendirekt (Homework – 1997)
8. DJ Shadow – Walkie Talkie (The Private Press – 2002)
9. MF Doom – cinquefoil *Mint Pillow RMX* (Special Herbs Volumes 4, 5, & 6 – 2003)
10. Trusme – Working Nights (Working Nights – 2007)
11. Aphex Twin – Alberto Balsalm (…I Care Because You Do – 1995)